ALDI Power Force Mold Away: ALDI bathroom cleaner praised, but others think it’s toxic

Mom sparks heated debate among housekeepers with her $2 budget shower grout makeover

  • Australian mum has praised a ‘miraculous’ ALDI bathroom cleaner online
  • However, other mums criticized the product for causing side effects.
  • Some call it “gold”, but others say it causes nosebleeds, throat pain and chest pain.
  • People advised to use the product with precautions like face masks and fans

A mum has sparked a heated debate after revealing the budget-friendly Aldi product she used to restore her dirty shower grout – no scrubbing required.

The Australian woman, Leah, posted on Facebook, where she said she had used Aldi’s $2.59 “miracle worker” Power Force Mold Away.

But while many said they were looking forward to buying the item, not everyone agreed, with some describing the cleaning agent as “toxic” and “too powerful”.

A mum has sparked a heated debate after revealing the budget-friendly Aldi product she used to restore her dirty shower grout – no scrubbing required (product pictured)

The woman uploaded her raving post about the product to the popular Facebook group Aldi mums.

‘Yes, I literally left him like that. Do not judge me. I really hate cleaning showers, so I’ll leave it until I hate myself, she said.

“So many products that everyone swears by me would include scrubbing them. Be it vinegar with baking soda, KOH cleaning, and whatever else is recommended.

She continued: “Damn it, that Aldi Mold Away spray – you just spray on, leave it on for 30 minutes, no scrubbing and rinse it off. I have white showers now!’

‘It’s really not advertising. This is my happy life!’

Survey

Do you want to try this product?

  • Absolutely! 59 votes
  • Certainly not! 24 voices

It wasn’t long before the product sparked heated debate.

While some mums said they loved the product and described it as “gold” and “cheap as crisps”, others said they wouldn’t trust it.

One cleaner wrote: ‘I just saw this post but wanted to add a warning to it.

“I used it last week and damaged my throat from the fumes.

“It burned my throat and it doesn’t feel good at all. I sprayed it and left it then came back to wash it off and that’s when the vapors got into my throat.

A mom posted her transformation in the shower after using the product

He removed the yellow stains (left) and left it sparkling white (right)

A mom posted her transformation in the shower after using the product. He removed the yellow stains (left) and left it sparkling white (right)

She added, “So be careful and take precautions when using it, it works well, but it’s extremely powerful.”

The woman explained that she had kept the fan on and the windows and door open and still felt the reaction.

Many moms were quick to share their similar experience with the product.

“Do not mix with other products,” one mother warned.

‘I use BAM for my glass and this for my tiles, they got mixed up on the base and it was deadly. I had chest pain for days.

Daily Mail Australia has contacted Aldi for comment.

Less Toxic Cleaning Product Alternatives

* Ajax Spray n’ Wipe -> Morning Fresh dishwashing liquid mixed with water

* Windex -> Morning Fresh dishwashing liquid mixed with water

* Easy Off Soap Scum Spray -> Bar Keepers Friend

* White King Two-in-One Mold and Soap Scum Spray -> Selleys Rapid Mold Killer

One of the products the 22-year-old business owner said she won't use is Ajax spray n' wipe

Instead, the cleaner would swap it out for a homemade solution of dish soap and water in a spray bottle.

One of the products the 22-year-old business owner said she won’t use is Ajax spray n’ wipe. Instead, the cleaner would swap it out for a homemade solution of dish soap and water in a spray bottle.

(Source: Sydney cleanup spot)

One mum said she had negative feedback but couldn’t find a better product.

‘I love this stuff but I swear I get nosebleeds from the fumes. I have to leave the window open and the fan on… but it works like nothing else.

However, others have indicated that these reactions are common and preventable if proper precautions are taken.

Many have recommended that if you use it, you put the exhaust fan on, open the windows and leave it for a few hours to ‘do its magic’ before coming back and removing it.

“I use it almost everyday, I’m a cleaner and never had a problem,” one person wrote.

Advertising

About Ren Valdez

Check Also

Demand for specialty cleaning continues to grow

Hitches & Glitches (H&G), a Dubai-based, technology-focused and sustainable home cleaning specialist, part of the …