Summary of the press release:
- Features rugged stainless steel construction and available in simplex and duplex configurations
- Electropolished 316 stainless steel housings and Tri-Clover® 3A hygienic fittings
- Protects food washing systems from higher solids and seasonal disruption
Original press release:
Spiral Water Technologies Introduces the Model 850SS Automatic Self-Cleaning Filter for High Solids Solids Removal in Industries Requiring Sanitary Processes
Middlesex, New Jersey, September 23, 2021 – Spiral Water Technologies (SWT), a leader in advanced high solids separation and solids concentration filters, introduces its Model 850SS Automatic Self-Cleaning Filter. The latest offering in the company’s portfolio of advanced filtration products and systems, the low maintenance model 850SS (stainless steel) has been specially developed for food, beverage, cosmetic, pharmaceutical and other sanitary processes requiring high removal. solids at micron levels from 15 µm to 1500 µm.
The 316 stainless steel filter housings are electropolished and have Tri-Clover® 3A hygienic finish fittings, which provide a safe and secure way to connect any food grade system. The filters can be used in clean-in-place (CIP) operations while its internal wiper / brush can be removed and cleaned-in-place (COP). This provides plant operators with a greater degree of quality assurance.
Applications for the Model 850SS SWT Filters include:
- High solids water recovery and reuse for industries such as agriculture, food and beverage. The 850SS model features a sturdy stainless steel construction, ideal for handling tough water. This filter is often used in water reuse systems, including those aimed at achieving zero liquid discharge.
- Reduced Total Suspended Solids (TSS) in food processing wastewater such as that from vegetable processing, breweries, wineries and juice production. The separated solids can be recovered, sold and reused as a valuable product for uses such as ingredients or flavors in food products, or as a raw material in the agricultural technology market.
- Natural water filtration. Filters protect food washing systems from higher solids and seasonal disturbances.
- Higher temperature applications than filters with PVC housings are designed to accommodate.
Spiral Water’s systems achieved a 61% reduction in TSS and a 48% reduction in BOD in systems up to 10% by volume, thereby reducing wastewater service charges. Spiral water filters have reduced TSS and suspended inorganic solids (ISS) by 8% to 1% by volume in juice filtration and other applications.
Many integrated systems use Spiral Water’s filters to improve the efficiency of other process components (including membranes, DAFs, MBRs, and oxygen injection systems) by reducing TSS. This feature sometimes allows engineers to reduce the size of other system components. When properly sized, spiral water filters can operate at constant differential pressures (DP) less than
The Model 850SS SWT filter is available in Simplex and Duplex configurations. To learn more, visit www.spiralwater.net.
About Spiral Water Technologies
Spiral Water Technologies develops and markets high performance products for advanced filtration and high solids concentration applications. The company’s patented self-cleaning filtration technology delivers superior results while reducing capital and operating expenses for a low total life cycle cost. Spiral Water products deliver revolutionary performance in some of today’s most demanding applications, including water reuse and recovery; pre-filtration for DAF, MBR and RO / UF; industrial water filtration; and concentration of valuable or resale product from non-hazardous wastewater. To learn more, visit www.spiralwater.com.
Contact this company